Wednesday

WOW {Warm Oven Wednesday} Baked Bean Sandwiches

I found this interesting recipe in a 1946 cookbook!  I thought you might enjoy seeing something from the past!  I love baked beans but I've never made a sandwich with them until now:  


Baked Bean Sandwiches

1 lb. can baked beans
3 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
2 TBSP tomato catsup
3 TBSP pickle relish
16 slices whole wheat bread

Mash baked beans until smooth. Blend in catsup and relish. Spread 3 TBSP filing on each of 8 slices of bread. Scatter crumbled bacon over each.; top with the other slices of bread.


Side Note:  My mom adds cheese to everything!  So thought I would  . . . melted cheese makes it even better and keep some extra bacon to add on top too!

1 comment:

  1. I've recently re-discovered my love for baked beans...and these sound yummy! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete