Thursday

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Don Bruns


Book Description: It's official: stumbling, bumbling James Lessor and Skip Moore are licensed private investigators. Now, that's some scary stuff.It could take time to get Moore or Less investigations off the ground, so James takes a job with a traveling carnival show. But this show has a dubious reputation, having had a string of accidents and at least one death in the past year.When they're hired to investigate what's caused the carnival chaos, James and Skip set into motion a dizzying, roller coaster chain of events. After a terrifying trip on the Dragon Tail ride, a not-so-fun dust-up in Freddy's Fun House, and a host of threats, James and Skip realize they'll get anything but cooperation from this cantankerous cast of carnies. But when a carnival worker is murdered, James and Skip will have to act fast-because they might be next in line. For James and Skip, the only thing sweeter than the smell of corndogs and fried dough will be the sweet smell of success-but in this case, "success" means getting out alive.This investigation is going completely off the rails.
My Review:  I picked this book to read and review because it is suppose to be a mystery and the cover looked interesting.  However, I just couldn't get.into.the.read.  I found the abuse of alcohol and the "sleaziness" of the whole trip just too much.   I think the author had a good idea but it was hard for me to understand or even read.  
If you like detective style reads then you may want to check out this book.  It just never grabbed my interest and to be honest I couldn't read the whole book....it was too much like a re-run of "The Untouchables."
*I reviewed this book for Reader's Favorites.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment