Thursday

The True Princess


The True Princess
This is one of my most favorite children's books!  The illustrator, Diana Magnuson, has excellent illustrations.  But it's the message of the story by Angela Elwell Hunt that really hits home.  I've read this story many times to both boys and girls in children's church classes and they all seem to enjoy the lesson.  The True Princess comes straight from the heart.  The story is all about learning to live as the King wants us to and not as selfish beings.  The princess learns to bake, clean up and to laugh at her self.  This is a wonderful story with a great lesson for children and adults alike.  It seems to be out of print now.  But if you can find one on EBay, Amazon or another place be sure to purchase it.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tammy, for mentioning THE TRUE PRINCESS on your blog! But the book isn't out of print--it's being published by Strang, and can be ordered from any bookstore or purchased on my website or at Amazon.com.

    Blessings to you and yours!

    Angie Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds alot like a story I used to read as a child called The Plain Princess by Phyllis McGinley. It is about a Princess who was plain until she learned to work and give to others. She became beautiful on the outside when she became beautiful on the inside. I gave this story to a friend of mine when her daughter was growing up and was only concerned with being considered pretty. My friend didn't want her daughter to grow up vain so I gave her this story to read to her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angie! I looked and looked for the book and was told it was out of print...SO glad it's not. A wonderful gift book!

    ReplyDelete