Friday

The Gathering Storm in the Middle East by Robert Thomas Fertig

The Gathering Storm in the Middle East: Intrigue, Passion and Love at the Crucial Turning Point of the CrisisBook Description:  Corrupt International Bankers.  Nuclear threats in the Middle East.  A Wife, a Seductress, an Angel. 
All a far cry from the sedate suburban life and mundane corporate existence Richard Rinaldi has been leading. But now he is on a quest for real meaning in life, passion and true love.
Which of these three women will satisfy that quest?
There's Eva, the seductress. She and Victor lead Richard into the quicksand of immorality and illegal business deals and Richard suddenly finds himself imprisoned in a dungeon waiting trial for fraud. But Eva is sexy, a wild spirit, and extremely passionate.
There's Anne. A double agent who has the "right contacts" in Iran and delivers to them the computer technology they need to make their nuclear-tipped missiles more accurate. Richard has fallen in love with her. Is it real love? How can he trust his feelings for this angelic blond beauty?
There's Susan, a devoted loving wife and mother of his children of twenty-one years. How can he possibly abandon them for this uncompromising quest for truth in life and real love?
Richard learns the lessons of life and love as the international plot between Iran, Syria, Israel and the U.S. Obama administration comes together to confront him and Anne, and he discovers that the real battleground on Earth is that one absolute freedom that we all have: choosing between good and evil.
My Review:   I was curious about this book upon receiving it to review.  I love suspense and espionage and, yes, this book has it all.  It is a highly charged, technical read.  At times it was too intense for me.  The plot is okay....I did understand what the author was trying to get across but on the other hand it was just too intense with too many people involved.  At times I couldn't remember who was doing what or why.  To be honest this is an okay book for those who enjoy the intensity of espionage.  I like a story with spies who have morals and seek God's will----so I was biased when I stared reading this story.  
However, in my opinion, there were WAY TOO many references to sexual encounters (mostly between unmarried people), words others may deem as slang--I deem them as plain old foul curse words.  I simply lose interest when an author starts using curse words.  I don't use those words nor do I want to read them and have them stuck in my head.  
I do give the author credit for all his research and for creating a well thought out plot.  It's not a book I liked nor would I keep it on my bookshelf AND that is why I give this read 3 stars.

*I reviewed this book for Reader's Favorites.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment