Thursday

Captured by Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah

Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving GodBook Description:  By following the dramatic story of the Amazing Grace hymn writer John Newton, and the Apostle Paul's own encounter with the God of grace, Dr. David Jeremiah helps readers understand the freeing power of permanent forgiveness and mercy. Here are dramatic stories and biblical insights about the very personal effects of grace. About how it wondrously spans all our differences, rescues us from our lostness, helps us overcome our weaknesses and takes us from victims to victors. Pastor Jeremiah's words are timely and encouraging as we all need a fresh experience of amazing grace in our lives.

My Review:  We, who are followers of Christ, talk a lot about grace.  We try to walk in grace, live by grace and follow grace.  But yet as easy as it sounds we sometimes fall short of this grace.  How many times have you sung the words to Amazing Grace in church without really letting the words penetrate your heart?  Well, Dr. David Jeremiah in his beautiful book, Captured by Grace, encourages the believer to accept God's grace through Jesus our Savior!  
As I read this book the song "Mercy Came A Running" by Phillips, Craig and Dean was singing through my soul--- "Mercy came a running, like a prisoner set free.  Past all my failures to the point of my need.  When the sin that I carried was all that I could see. And when I could not reach mercy.  Mercy came a running to me!" 
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!  I gleaned with handfuls on purpose from this wonderful book.
In chapter five, The Provision of Grace,  Dr. Jeremiah talks about the minister, E. V. Hill.  I absolutely love E.V. Hill. I heard him when he spoke at my college chapel many years ago.  E.V. Hill makes the words of the Lord come a live!  But this whole book is a true encouragement to the believer in many ways.  The underlying theme of this book is grace but once you read this book you will "see" much more of God's love for you and that He provided the gift of GRACE so that you might have a rich and true life in Him.
Oh!  To be captured by God's grace!
Feeling low, need a faith lift?  Then this is a 5 star must read for you!
*I reviewed this book for Thomas Nelson Publishing/BookSneeze*

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed listening to David Jeremiah on the radio, but have never read one of his books. I'll put this one on my wish list as it sounds like one I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete