Friday

Every Woman's Marriage by Shannon Ethridge

Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire (The Every Man Series)
Book Description:  Set Your Husband’s Heart Ablaze 



Are you a “desperate housewife,” committed to marriage yet longing for a deeper, more intimate connection with your husband? Believe it or not, you can have the marriage you long for–if you’re willing to take desperate measures. 



If you’re ready to stop the blame game and pursue the marriage of your dreams, let authors Shannon and Greg Ethridge show you how to reignite your relationship with spiritual, emotional, and physical passion. Drawing on real-life stories from both men and women, as well as lessons from their own less-than-satisfying early years of marriage, they offer provaocative insights about what it takes to nurture a dynamic marriage, including…




·what makes a husband’s heart grow cold–and how you can fan the embers into flame



·the difference between being “right” and being “righteous” 



·how to fight fair



·how to guard your heart against unhealthy comparisons



·the dynamic power of getting spiritually and emotionally naked



·what your husband really wants most (It’s not what you think!) 







Every Woman’s Marriage will give you practical tools and wise biblical counsel for transforming a listless marriage into a vibrant, exciting relationship. Get ready to set your husband’s heart ablaze!


My Review:  I picked this book, Every Woman's Marriage, simply because I want my marriage to be better and so that I can increase my knowledge on how God wants me to be the best wife possible for the man I chose as my husband.  Yes, I chose him with God's help.    God didn't make me marry him; therefore, I believe that I have the responsibility to create a great home atmosphere and, yes, I believe I need to be a helpmeet for my husband.  Shannon has many wise words for us wives but I really enjoyed the chapter "what men (really) want most."  Your husband really wants YOUR smiling face . . ."Your husband's greatest desire doesn't revolve around sex, sports, sandwiches, sitcoms, or success, but around your smiling face."  It helped me to put our lives in perspective.  I've gained some of those unwanted, middle-of-the-mile-pounds so I'm not quite as thin as my wedding photo.  I know my husband loves me because he shows me his love by keeping the bills paid, airing the tires on the van, helping me make our bed and putting the dishes away in the dishwasher.  
In our society thin is in but does thin always make a great wife?  I'm not so sure thin has anything to do with marriage. (shocker, I know!)  I enjoyed reading Shannon's short clip of "Wresting the Body Bear Image."  Our marriages are not just for us!  As Shannon writes at the ending of the book "These principals are the best way to affair-proof and divorce-proof marriages, the best way for families to live in harmony with one another, and the best way for children to grow up in homes where they can learn to respect, love and cherish others, including, some day, their own spouses." I love my husband and now I love him even more! Okay....if you're on the edge of divorce this book may not be the "fix it" you crave BUT it will help you to love and understand that wonderful man YOU chose to marry!  
This is a wonderful 5 star read for those who want to "help" their marriage with a workbook included at the back of the book.  
**I would caution that this book is probably best for those who are married or going to be married in the very NEAR future (intimacy in marriage material---not bad---just not for young eyes).

*I reviewed this book for Reader's Favorites*

2 comments:

  1. I liked this book too, Tammy and feel it is a great resource for any marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even good marriages need maintenance whether through a good marriage counselor or a good book like this one. There is so much temptation out there to turn the head of the wife/husband that it is needful to have resources on marriage to keep us on track and remembering we made a solemn and sacred covenant when we married. In marriage we shouldn't become complacent or apathetic for we never know what is around the corner waiting to snatch all we hold dear from us.

    This book isn't going on my wish list, will purchase it today!

    ReplyDelete