Friday

Heading Home by Renee Riva



Heading Home: A NovelBook Description:  When A.J. returns home to Indian Island, her dog Sailor, and childhood friend Danny, she surprises everyone with her plans . . . but Danny has something else in mind.
For eight years, A.J. Degulio has been itching to get back to her beloved Indian Island. It’s home. But a lot has changed: Sailor moves slower, Danny has grown into a man . . . and A.J. has a promise to keep…but it doesn’t include Danny. When Danny discovers the truth, he’s shocked and hurt. But he won’t stand in the way of what she really wants.
What’s a girl to do? She wants to keep her promise and Danny. But Danny has plans of his own. Can they work it out? It will take compromise and laughter before Danny and A.J. figure out that home is more than a place on the map. It’s a place in the heart.



My Review:  I didn't realize that Heading Home is the last book in a trilogy.  I will be looking up the other two, Saving Sailor and Taking Tuscany, for Heading Home is a grand read.  Heading Home can be read as a stand alone but I want to know more about A. J., Sailor, and Danny.  Wonderful character development in this story made me feel like I know these people.  I wanted, no maybe yearned, to be a part of their quirky, sometimes laugh-out-loud world!  I love dogs and wish I had a pet like Sailor.  I could, also, relate with A. J. in her "travels" to grow in God, as well as, her longing to keep "the promise" but yet keep Danny.  Finding true love, keeping a promise and having an almost-human-pet-companion makes this a better than great read!  I love a book  that leaves me with that good to the last word feeling! This book may be labeled YA (young adult) but I think even the "more mature" reader will enjoy this story!  Need a 5 star read?  Check out Heading Home!  

* I reviewed this book for the B & B Media Group*



No comments:

Post a Comment