Saturday

Montana Glory by R.C. Ryan

Montana Glory



Book Description:  The last thing in the world Zane McCord wants is a wife. But after returning home to the family ranch in Montana to help his cousins search for the lost treasure that is their legacy, Zane can't help notice that love and marriage seem to be contagious. Both his cousins have succumbed, but he refuses. Determined to stay a bachelor till he dies, Zane wants to devote his time to filming documentaries and taking care of the ranch...and then Riley Mason walks into his life.




The last thing on Riley Mason's mind is romance. Sent to the McCord ranch to save the family's accounting problems, she only wants to impress her firm in Helena and be on her way. Life as a single mother isn't easy and she needs to impress her bosses for a raise. But when Zane McCord opens the door, her breath catches in her throat and a desire she's never experienced before takes over her. When the McCords insist that she and her daughter, Summer stay at the ranch, she's forced to give in and before long, she's pulled into their search for the long lost treasure. But she absolutely draws the line at getting involved with Zane McCord, playboy and heartbreaker extraordinaire. 



But as they all get closer to finding Coot's lost treasure, a dangerous series of accidents target Riley and her daughter Summer. Can Zane keep her safe while trying to win her heart?


My Review:  R. C. Ryan is a brand new author to me.  This story was a fast read.  I liked the story line.  The cover is wonderfully illustrated and gives the reader a glimpse of what lies in Montana Glory.
Zane and Riley, the main characters, are funny at times, serious and then, of course, romantic.  Well, I use the word romantic lightly since Zane has a tendency to just grab Riley and smash a kiss on her.   I guess, this works well in fiction but I had a hard time with this type of "romance."  Most men in the "real world"  tend to be gentlemen and would romance a lady with flowers and some sweet words before forcing a kiss on her.  
The plot was fine.  I realized as I was reading this book that I truly do not enjoy "worldly" fiction.  This read had quite a few "cuss" words that I would not allow in my home or that I refuse to use.  There are also scenes that I would describe as "R" rated scenes where a little chasity would have done Zane and Riley a whole of good!
It's REALLY too bad that there were so many "extras" in this read because the plot and story were great as was the flow of the story.
To be honest there just wasn't a lot of "meat" in this read.  I like a story that "gives" me something and leaves me with a feeling that my time was well spent after reading the book.
If you enjoy books with fast action, ALOT of "smut" and can get past the curse words, then you might enjoy this book.
I give this book 3 stars because I feel like there are better adjectives that can be used to describe a character's feelings!
*I reviewed this book for Reader's Favorites.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment