Monday

The Crimson Cipher by Susan Paige Davis

The Crimson Cipher: Susan Page DavisBook Description:  A female Navy cryptographer seeks to save lives...and uncover her father’s killers. 
In 1915, German sympathizers escalated acts of sabotage in the United States to keep the nation from joining in the war. Following the mysterious murder of Emma Shuster’s father, Lt. John Patterson invites Emma to become a Navy cryptographer because of the expertise she gained in helping her father develop a cipher system. Emma finds new strength in her faith as she strives to outwit her adversary, known only as Kobold - German for goblin. Can Emma and John find love in the midst of turmoil as America plunges toward war?
My Review:  I love reading books that involve WWI or WWII.  In the Crimson Cipher Emma's father is mysteriously murdered.  She then becomes involved in the cryptology that indirectly involved her father.  
I learned so much about the fascinating world of cryptographers and HOW important they are to any war.  The interesting life of Emma and her fellow workers.  And just how women were new to the world of cryptographer in the early 1900's. 
The sweet romance between Emma and Lt. John Patterson takes a definite second seat to the whole suspense of the developing of WWI and all the important letters being intercepted by US spies to keep our people safe.  
I absolutely loved this book!  I enjoyed the suspense, the innocents of the age and the chivalry.  This is another 5 star read by Susan Paige Davis!

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, I'm delighted that you like my book so much. Writing it was quite an education for me, and a lot of fun. I'd like to tell your readers that there's a puzzle in the book they can solve to enter a contest. The prize is more books! How cool is that? I also have a monthly drawing for books on my website at www.susanpagedavis.com (no "i" in Page) Have a great reading day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! My son and I are still trying to cypher the code =)

    ReplyDelete